Social Media Monday: Unified Robotics and more

Hello,

In order to be more "organized," I am going to try to have "theme days" for my blog post.  So many people already have "Motivational Monday" posts, so I decided to switch it up and make Monday's my "Social Media Monday" roundup.  On this day, I will share some of my favorite posts that I found on social media over the week.

1.  Unified Robotics: 

Our family is a supporter of Special Olympics.  My son, Liam, is a 3 season Special Olympics athlete (Flag Football, Basketball, and Track and Field) and my husband and I have coached our town's Special Olympics Track and Field team for 8 years.  Our high school started a Unified Track Team as a varsity sport, which our son also participates in.  Today on Twitter, I saw this article posted by Microsoft about the Unified Robotics team in Washington state.  I had never heard of this program before, but it immediately caught my attention since Liam is a huge Lego builder and loves computer programming.  He has independently used the Lego Robotic kits, but we have not found a Robotics group that would be a good "fit" for him.  I cannot wait to further explore this program and seeing if they have a chapter in Massachusetts. 

Microsoft Story:  https://news.microsoft.com/features/robotics-program-shines-a-light-on-differing-abilities/?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=cmg_as&utm_term=11Reheat04

Unified Robotics Special Olympics page:  http://unifiedrobotics.org/about/


2.  Shake Up Learning Google Certification classes open tomorrow!  https://shakeuplearning.com/


Kasey Bell, the Google Guru, has created courses to help you prepare for Google Certified Educator Level 1 and 2 exams and the Teacher Assessment exam.  Her website also has great information and tips on how to apply to be a Google Certified Trainer.  Her courses are great, but she only opens them for a short period of time, then you have to wait to purchase them again.  I did not use her course for Level 1 (passed the exam), but I did purchase the trainer assessment class (passed that exam also) and it was very helpful.  I am planning on purchasing the Level 2 course, so I'll let you know what the final results are! 

Leave a comment if you found these resources helpful!

-Cheryl



Comments

Popular Posts