Google Jamboard Update! Version History is Here!!

Hi Everyone,

I am a big fan of Google Jamboard.  For those of you new to Jamboard, this is Google's interactive, web-based whiteboard program available on computers, Chromebooks, and mobile devices.  I like the simplicity of the tool, in that it can get the job done, even without all of the "bells and whistles" that sometimes distract our students.

One part of Google Jamboard that I was NOT a fan of was the omission of version history.  This was a problem if you were using it as an interactive tool with your class.....you could not see who was making changes.  I have had many teachers report that they had students that would delete items or add inappropriate items to the "jam", with no way of knowing who did what.  Google listened and starting on March 12th they have added version history.

For a quick look at how this works, check out my video:







Want to learn more about Google Jamboard?  Here is a link to my article " Let's Interact with Google Jamboard" in the February/March 2021 Closing the Gap Magazine/Resource Directory   This link will bring you to the main webpage, and you can scroll down to access the Resource Directory.

I have also presented on this topic at both the Closing the Gap National Conference and MassCUE Regional Conference this year.  Please let me know if you would be interested in having a training session on this tool!

Talk soon,
Cheryl





Comments

Popular Posts